Author Topic: Whats up everyone  (Read 1891 times)

355CAMARO

• Founding Members
    • View Profile
Whats up everyone
« on: February 24, 2021, 04:39:26 AM »
wont be long till weather gets nice (I hope) looking forward to seeing everybody.

7DMACH1

• Old Head
  • Administrator
  • Still Crazy After All These Years!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Whats up everyone
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 04:04:02 PM »
Been a year since I've had my car. Should be done  soon. Got new lifters installed. Don't ever buy Morel Lifters. They are the noisiest lifters, complaints all over the internet. I had Johnson lifters installed and new Flowmaster mufflers. The old ones were 22 years old and rotting. Had the new mufflers ceramic coated. I sold my 67 Comet Cyclone so I had some money and decided to update the Mach1. Having Holley Terminator X Stealth fuel injection installed, Holley Dual Sync Dist, Holley 255 LPH in tank fuel pump, Borgenson Steering System, Ceramic Coated Ford Power Applications Headers, Ridetech Lowering Suspension, Rollerized Clutch Linkage, Custom 17" wheels 8'"wide front and 9" wide rear and  new tires, 235/45/17 front, and 275/40/17 Mickey Thompson Drag radials rear. New valve covers, rechromed air cleaner and front bumper. Repainted gas tank and rear axle assy. Should be done by April or May. Car should look and run a lot better. JD'S is doing all the work. These are the wheels. Mine are polished and I had custom center caps made. New mufflers
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 04:06:33 PM by 7DMACH1 »

7DMACH1

• Old Head
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 04:11:47 PM »
Wheels

Center cap

Center Cap Emblems

7DMACH1

• Old Head
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2021, 04:15:51 PM »
Tall Valve Covers to clear Jesel Roller Rockers.

355CAMARO

• Founding Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 05:35:39 AM »
looks awesome Ray! Sucks about the lifters. I always had good luck with Lunati but i'm solid roller not sure about there Hydraulic stuff.

7DMACH1

• Old Head
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 12:56:32 PM »
Yeah, when I had the engine rebuilt two years ago, they installed Morel lifters Hyd. rollers. They were always a good lifter, but I heard they are now assembled in US and machined in China. They were very noisy from day one. After two years they were tapping worse and the car sounded like a POS. The old solid rollers were quieter. Then I read all the complaints on the internet. Now everyone says Johnsons are the best. $800.00 for the set but much quieter. My engine builder fought like hell with Morel and got me money back. Live and learn. Morel makes a lot of lifters for some of the cam companies. I heard Isky dropped them due to all the problems. I could have bought Jesel's but $1800.00 was out of my league. I have Jesel roller rockers. Car should ride, handle and run much better.

MagicRatt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 12:53:51 PM »
YO!!!! :hello: :hello: What up boys?? Hope to see everyone soon with our rides ready to roll. I guess Ed is still looking for a hot spot to test :dontknow: :dontknow:. Ray, those wheels are looking good. That Mustang of yours is gonna have even more pop :bounce: :bounce: than before. See you guys soon!!

Rich

7DMACH1

• Old Head
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2021, 01:59:03 PM »
Hey Rich, hope we can all get together again like before this Covid.